Happy Saturday, friends! How was your week? Was it a good one?
We are headed out early this morning on a long hike, and then are planning to meet up with one of my best friends from college to watch the Aggie football game. What’s on your schedule?
Peaks & Pits of the Week
Peak: Finally starting my blog! I am literally overflowing with ideas for content and I cannot wait to share them all with you as we move forward. I hope you enjoy reading the posts just as much as I enjoy creating them. If there is anything in particular that you’d like to see, don’t hesitate to let me know.
Pit: With school and research picking up recently, I’ve gotten into a kind of exercise slump during the week. I aim for 10,000 steps per day (using my fitbit), but I still think there is more to exercising than a number. I miss the mental high I get from really working hard at something that is physically demanding. I’ve been resorting to long walks in the evenings for the time being. How do you find time to stay active during the week?
Links I Loved
- You won’t want to miss the Total Lunar Eclipse, Harvest Moon, Supermoon trio this next week.
- How neat are these Moon-inspired cocktails?
- NASA to announce a major science finding concerning Mars on Monday.
- The newest images of Pluto from New Horizons.
- What sand looks like under a microscope.
- An animated evolution of the desk.
- Hallie talks how becoming a fitness instructor has changed her life.
- I’m loving braids and copper details for fall.
- This avocado bagel looks delicious for a quick and healthy weekday breakfast.
- A new take on the cheese burger for dinner this week.
- I’m excited to see The Scorch Trials. The trilogy was a fun read!
- These galaxy-inspired cookies, though.
- I need these planetary drinking glasses, right?
- THE coziest sweater I’ve ever worn and this fringe blanket skirt are now 40% off. (code FALL40)
- I love the light lavendar color of this clutch for fall. (It also comes in a latte and wine color!)
- This burgundy vest is everything.
- One of my favorite tops is on sale and it comes in six colors.
- I’ve been looking for a yellow wool coat to brighten things up this winter. (Other options here and here too.)
- My go-to skirts for work are on sale here and here. (code SHOPFALL)
- I just bought these lace up pumps and LOVE them.
- Digging these oxblood suede booties for fall.
- What do you think? Can I pull off this navy fedora?
Trending on Cupcakes & the Cosmos
- The little things that made me happy this week.
- Talking about the adventures I had last weekend, including climbing my first 14er.
- My first blog post ever!
Have a great weekend, and stay tuned for a special astronomy post in the next couple days.
As always, feel free to leave comments below! If you’re interested in getting posts sent straight to your inbox, subscribe in the sidebar with your email. Or follow along on Instagram, Facebook, or Bloglovin’.